Composition : In deep ocean

Hello all composers
glad to share with you my last composition , i have done it quite quickly less than 5 hours
for the noctaventures contest, the theme of the month is : the ocean floor
i use a lot my korg oasys for tjis one, there is also spitfire string chamber con sordino, 8dio hybrid rythm, plse from evolution dragon, and a tictoc clock with a little delay
thanks for listening
tempo is 120bpm, chord are a lot of minor like Cm, Dm, Bbm, Am, Fm, some are in fondamental position, sometime in second reverse or first reverse

8 Likes

Right from the beginning, I’m thinking, Jacques Cousteau, where are you? This would be a wonderful piece in a scene with a submarine or other submersable. It’s quiet but interesting.

1 Like

Very much enjoyed this Composition!

In parts it’s like a Bryan Tyler piece (without all his crazy overdubbed instruments, it’s most definitely similar to what he does foundationally, he just adds a lot of the orchestra back in!

1 Like

i like it too.
i have 2 ideas to it. maybe you can add a small melody line with a flute or something similar. i would also reduce bass and high frequencies to get this dead-sounding “underwater” feeling.

1 Like

hi, good idea for the bass and the high frequencies
i keep your idea of adding a melody :wink:

Sounds very much like you are under water so good job!

1 Like

thank you very much Jimmy for your feedback, i am glad to read that my track let you go underwater :wink:

1 Like

Great work you did in short time …nice sounds

1 Like

I love the piece.
Maybe, for “the ocean floor” I would had chosen a more ethereal sound, and an slower rythm.
Anyway, i love your Jarre sound :stuck_out_tongue: . Unbelievable production pace.
Congratulations

1 Like

You just need a nice underwater video for the tune, I liked Retro Synth sound, the piece in general has an authentic retro vibe. Great work!

1 Like

nice, has a good 70s electronic retro sound , some unique influences. It reminds me of when I am in a hurry rushing to an airport gate because I lost track of time and plane is about to finish boarding but then you get to your seat and its all good.

1 Like

Hi, Florent!

Again, very nice work. Extremely visual music. The delays do a nice job of conjuring up an almost sonar-like atmosphere (can you have atmosphere underwater?? :wink: ). This would lay nicely under a VoiceOver in a nautical documentary.

This is clearly a digital piece. How might you transform it for live performance?

I urge you to check out the work of Alex Shapiro who does a lot of acoustic / digital mixtures in her works. She incorporates a lot of nature as well (she is an accomplished nature photographer in addition to her music and her position on the board of directors for ASCAP).

Again, nice work, Florent!

Stan

1 Like

thanks too all for your feedback and advice
i am very glad that you like this track
thank you so much

Hi Florent - I love composing music with visuals in mind, and this took me to the right place. Nice work! The only thing I’d have loved to have heard was something to accentuate the sustained pads towards the final 3rd. Something to disturb the soundscape - LABS Whalesong might be a good shout? But just a small thought on my part on what was a lovely track.

1 Like