Cinematic Studio Woodwinds--It's Here!

Hello all! Well, it’s finally here! Cinematic Studios has finally released their Woodwind library. We’re well aware of the top quality of both their strings and a brass libraries (the brass is one of my favorites) so how does this woodwind library compare? Well, I haven’t actually played it yet, but I’ll post back soon with my first impressions.

The library boasts a great complement of wind instruments with flutes, oboes, Cor Anglais, clarinets, bass clarinets, bassoons, contrabassoons and solo versions of all, all with legato articulations and a cool “runs” (they will also be adding the runs feature to the strings library early 2021).

I’m a bit excited since a good woodwind library is my last remaining need in sample libraries. I had been picking off some of Orchestral Tools woodwinds, which are great and have the woods on the full version of Nucleus, but this is the one I’ve been waiting for.

What do you think?

4 Likes

Oh manZ those are possibly the best Ww I’ve heard in samples!

2 Likes

Man, I’ve been waiting for this library forever. Can’t wait to get my hands on it, but I’d like to know how Alex mixes his sample pieces to get that great “studio” tone. I mean, he’s probably got a more powerful computer than I do, so, that might be straight out of the box? He makes really great sample libraries, but for some reason, the strings sound real dark and muddy when I use them and can’t ever seem to get them mixed properly. Doesn’t happen with CS Brass though.

2 Likes

Interesting comparison v Spitfire Symphonic Wiidwinds

1 Like

I don’t think you can go wrong with this one. I have all their libraries and they are my main ones together with Cinesamples.
Tbh I haven’t explored it enough yet but I’ve played through all patches and the sounds is heavenly. I like their interface and think it has a fast workflow, especially in combination with expression maps.

1 Like

Good comparison. They both sound really good, and I was looking to get the Spitfire Studio collection, until CS Woodwinds was released. It’s probably the recording location, but CSW sounds a bit rounder and fatter whereas the Spitfire is a bit brighter and defined.

1 Like

This is Spitfire Symphonic Woodwinds which are quite ‘lively’ not the studio woodwinds which are much drier.