Captain Plugins

Purchased Captain Plugins, recently. Really fun to use. If you haven’t checked it out, take a look. Not saying it will make you the next Hans Zimmer, but if you have a hard time with writers block, CHECK IT OUT.

2 Likes

I sometimes use Captain Chords to record chord progressions in, and then drag and drop into the sequencer.

1 Like

Maybe it’s because I’m just really getting into using Captain Plugins, but one (sort of) dilemma I run into is, when I do use Captain Chords is, how do I know which chord progression to use, when composing an instrumental?. I know Major keys are “happy” and minor keys are “sad”, but let’s say I select “C” major, and it gives me a whole bunch of chord progressions to choose from…how do I know which chord progression will work? Or does it depend on the type of instrumental, and I just have to listen and trust my ears?

My understanding of chords, progressions and creating ‘stories’ with music…really my ‘eureka moment’ in music came when I really started learning to play the piano/keys. It opened up a whole new world to me, so I can really recommend focusing on piano/keyboard practical skills.

And yes, always trust your ears. And think about your chord progressions as storylines, with a beginning, a middle, and a resolving end.

1 Like