Best Orchestral Woodwinds VST Libraries (Top List)

Best Orchestral Woodwinds VST Library?

Are you looking for orchestral woodwinds libraries? Anything from solo woodwinds to ensembles. While “Best” is of course always subjective, here is a complete top list (based on input from fellow composers):

Best Orchestral Woodwinds VST Libraries

Things You should Consider

• Ensemble Size & Room
  • Sound Quality & Consistency
  • Sound Character & Tone
  • Dynamic Levels & Round Robins
  • Instruments & Articulations
  • Presets & Variation
  • User Interface & Features
  • Playability & Performance
  • Microphone & Mixing

Your Input is Wanted!

Do you have experience on any of these products? Do you have suggestions on products you think could make this top list?

Share your thoughts, perspective, and join the discussion in the thread below! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mikael Baggström
Founder of Professional Composers

Has anyone tried the “Claire” series from 8dio? They are individual solo libraries for each instrument, and have lots of articulations, including arcs, and accented doubles & triplets. I’m thinking of getting them, but haven’t heard anyone rave about them, so still hesitating.

Other than that, I’m not overly impressed with anything I have, which include Berlin Revive, EW Symphonic and Hollywood, 8dio Intimate woodwinds, Spitfire solo WW, Symphony Series, Kontakt Factory Selection VSL WW [Native Instr.], and then Wallander woodwinds, an old synthetic library that I paid $1500 for [OUCH!!], thinking it would substitute for VSL, and now I never use it. It still hurts like a dagger in the gut to think about the money I dumped into these, and what I could buy now for that price.