Best Orchestral/Cinematic Percussion VST Library?
Are you looking for orchestral and cinematic percussion libraries? Anything from authentic and dynamic to epic and processed. While “Best” is of course always subjective, here is a complete top list (based on input from fellow composers):
Best Orchestral Percussion VST Libraries
- HZ Percussion (Spitfire Audio)
- Spitfire Percussion (Spitfire Audio)
- Damage (Heavyocity)
- Ensemble Drums Collection (Heavyocity)
- CinePerc (Cinesamples)
- Berlin Percussion (Orchestral Tools)
- StrikeForce (Laboratory Audio)
- Action Strikes (Native Instruments)
- SAGA – Acoustic Trailer Percussion (Red Room Audio)
- Symphony Series Percussion (Native Instruments)
- Taiko Creator (In Session Audio)
- Cerberus (Audio Imperia)
- Sinfonia Drums (Audio Imperia)
- StormDrum (EastWest)
- Rhapsody (Impact Soundworks)
- Apocalypse Percussion (Soundiron)
Things You should Consider
- Natural vs Processed Sound
- Sound Quality & Consistency
- Sound Character & Tone
- Dynamic Levels & Round Robins
- Instruments & Articulations
- Presets & Variation
- User Interface & Features
- Playability & Performance
- Microphone & Mixing
Your Input is Wanted!
Do you have experience on any of these products? Do you have suggestions on products you think could make this top list?
Share your thoughts, perspective, and join the discussion in the thread below!
Founder of Professional Composers