Best Music Libraries for Composers (Non-exclusive)

Hi!

Got a response from STIM and I understood that if the intended use for the composition is productionmusic, you should register it as LIB. You also need to send in a request form to them to apply for an exclusion from the original agreement to be able to register your music as LIB.

Interesting, and thanks for sharing. Would you need to do that exclusion agreement per track, or just once?

Also, as far as I know when you work with high end music libraries they are the ones registering the work for you in any case. I aim to get to that high level of licensing myself, as the non-exclusives seem to be not worth it long term.

You only need to apply once.
I agree with the thought that working with high end libraries/publisher is a more longterm way to go, but in the meantime it might be good to know what the options are

1 Like

The question of the main topic is lost in this conversation :slight_smile:

I think nobody like to tell other people which library is good or not but I try to make a little list here:

• Luckstock
  • Pond5
  • AudioJungle
  • MotionElements
  • 123rf
  • Depositphotos
  • VGame
  • MusicGrid

and so on ! But to be honest, with most of them I am not very successful. this is the reason I only do exclusive publishers at the moment.

2 Likes

@Schlimbach,

There is no good or bad. What works for you, doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for others. But what can be said is that libraries like Epidemic is what music for many composers/producers out there is: The mirror of themselves. Losers. Telling others, that they made 2k with 4 beats is life-changing, to only realize that they sold every bit of their art for life for cheap 500 dollars. Those type of libraries have to be banned. But working for them is even more dumb.

It doesn’t matter the libraries, exclusive or not. The deal should be fair, it should be transparent and promise you potential if you put in more good work. The most important thing is that you just need to find what works for you. Everything else is just an option.

The libraries I mentioned above are all shit. I do not know anybody who is successful there, and with successful I mean not 50-100 $ a month. Of course there are some top-sellers at AJ but this is 0,01 % of the registered composers there.

Hi, by not successful do you mean not enough money ?