Best Gear/Hardware investment for your studio?

I bought an internal SSD 1 TB. And I love my Joshua Bell violin and Fisher viola ( both from Embertone. Of course I shall not forget Logic X.

1 Like

I may drop one of my servers and turn it into a VEP Platform … I’ve got an 8 core Xeon with 128 Gig which would work fine … I really want to check VEP out…

That’s a popular desk here in Canada too … my big box music stores sells them here

1 Like

I purchased an Aeron chair refurbished at an office supply company , fully loaded with lumbar support for 450.00 Canadian dollars . We use them at work …I have a herniated disk at the base of my spine which can be a real problem. This has been the only chair I can sit in for any great length of time before my back complains…what’s nice about this chair is all the parts are replaceable…

1 Like

Hi. Thank you for liking my points. Really appreciate it.

Re: Studio desks. I think I’ll have to get a custom built one so the keyboard is in front of me.so I won’t have to turn around so much to play the piano. (Yamaha-P95 with added stand and pedals). Will have to buy another weighted keyboard I guess when I do that. LOL

Good news on those chairs. They’re only $1800 now. Gotta grab one while I still have lunch money left.

The Adam S3H monitors were a great investment for my studio. And I bought them just before there was a substantial price increase. They are no doubt the finest monitors I’ve ever mixed on.

Another great investment for me has been the Vienna Symphonic Library Orchestral Cube, Extended Edition. I love this library and in all likelihood will never replace it.