Best Complete Ethnic Instrument Library

Hello Joonas,

I am currently working on an ancient Roman era score and I am using EW Silk, EW RA, Native World full discovery selections collection and Eduardo Tarilonte Ancient ERA Persia.

I can indeed confirm that the plugins from Eduardo Tariolonte are really great. I would like to purchase another one soon.

If you want a lot of instruments in one go I can recommend EW RA. I have no experience with Ethno World, but I am considering buying it, since it is such a large library.

Hi Theu,

I tested RA when I had ew composer cloud subscription active, but I never much cared for it, somehow it always felt ’too heavy’ for what kind of stuff I got out of it

I’ve been using ethno world 6 instruments and UVI world suite for a week now, every day and I’ve been quite excited about them for having so many instruments. Ethno world seems to be a bit better in quality, but world suite still has lots of very usable stuff and I use them pretty much 50/50. Also one library often has stuff that is missing from the other so they work well together. Just by digging around and testing the different instruments gets me really inspired, not having to dig free instruments from the internet, just having them instantly available lets me write more music, and music I thought I’d never write.

Last night I found a banjo from world suite, played around with it a bit, found a better banjo and a western fiddle from ethno world, made a couple patterns of music, and it sounded quite good so I went and bought Indiginus steel guitar vst and just a few hours ago I finished my first bluegrass track :laughing:

Several instruments sound a bit old, but even those are quite usable in the background with other stuff, lots of instruments stand on their own feet nicely even as leads and there are a few instruments that sound really good with legatos etc. I should have bought these ages ago.

Hey Joonas,

Can I conclude from your answer that you think Ethno World 6 Instruments is considerably better than EW RA? They are about the same size; ±14 GB. I am fine with EW RA, but perhaps Ethno World is a good addition to that.

I understand that UVI WS and Ethno World complete each other well, but if you now had to recommend one library in addition to Composer Cloud, which of these two would you recommend to me?

Finally, can you tell me if these plugins contain high quality phrases? I think that is done so well in the Eduardo Tarilonte plugins.

Thanks!

Well, better, but I wouldn’t say considerably, there are some instruments that are better, some are worse, but the whole interface seems somewhat lighter and more approachable and there are way more instruments. Even with the normal price it’s quite cheap per instrument. I think you can achieve at least the same and also some better results with Ethno World 6 than with RA, but it’s not as good as Tarilonte’s libraries.

It kind of depends a bit what you are using it for, but I feel Ethno World 6 is a bit better in quality, but has fewer instruments. I’d buy Ethno World 6 Instruments if I had to choose between the two. UVI World Suite also has vocals included, and Ethno World 6 Voices costs another 260 euros.

Because making the suite was started so long ago, the instruments inside the pack are quite different from each other, some are 15 years old, have only a couple of velocity options, no legatos, some are two years old and can pretty much compete with some quite decent single instrument libraries. There are phrases, loops, licks, legato, several round robin velocity layers and so on some instruments.
I can’t tell you which have which, but the quick start manual ( https://www.bsdwl.de/download_files.php/8289/en ) has an instrument list, which tells you in which version of Ethno World (1-6) every instrument was added, and it might give you clues.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! Very clear description. I think it will be Ethno World for now

Mikael i have something to say important.Check Ethnaudio if you want Middle East Scores,Arabian etc,Tarilonte for European folk and about other ethnic regions i have to say that there is No complete Ethnic Vst that sounds great 100%.The proper answer is “if you want something that sounds native,you should buy it from a person that is native to this region accordingly”.For example check the guys that made ORG app in android.They are pro and made something professional that can be played professionaly by a phone.They also have made PC version.Check it.Remember something that is famous is not nessesary sound good.

1 Like