BBC Symphony Orchestra VS Spitfire Studio Orchestra - DEATH MATCH Comparison.... not really

Hey everyone! I totally forgot to post this here!

Hope you enjoy it :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi there -

A couple of questions:

Did you edit CCā€™s/velocity when generating this comparison?

What professional settings do you use these libraries in?

Thanks for putting forth the effort in comparing these two. I feel certain that people trying to decide will find them useful.

(On a vastly more important note: I take issue with that shirt - why would one make the first three syllables open ended and the very first one longer, when they are not phrased that way? Why not ā€œDum Dum Dum, Dum Da Dum, Dum Da Dumā€? Iā€™m not serious. Yes I am. Lol)

1 Like

Hey man, thank you so much for your thoughts!

Ccā€™s are partly automated. For some patches I put all the shorts in one and then Switched, but it only happens like this a few times in the brass and woodwinds. The rest are all on separate tracks as I found that it worked better with these libraries.

In terms of where Iā€™d use them, I use both in tandem:) often layering both libraries for width and detailā€¦ Iā€™ll also use solo instruments from either orchestral tools and cinesamples for extra depth.

As for the t-shirt, I liked that because most I walk down the street and can spot people working it outā€¦ makes me smile :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the answers. For clarity, I meant in what professional situations had you used these libraries - in other words, on what jobs are you using them and for what kind of client.

1 Like

Oh right I see, sorry for the confusion.

I use them in all sorts of jobs. Anything from straight up orchestral to pop and indie productions. Both libraries are very versatile but studio series is by far more versatile in my opinion.

Iā€™m dryer libraries just are I findā€¦ however, studio strings in particular is one of those libraries you can mould into any shape you like. Without it fighting you for control. This is very rare in libraries which is why itā€™s one of my go to libraries for strings. BBCSO is great but it has a specific sound and thatā€™s what makes it less versatile. Plus, I doubt I would use the brass in either librariesā€¦ this is the biggest downside to spitfireā€¦ they just donā€™t do very good brass sounds in my opinion. For that I use cinesamplesā€¦ which Iā€™m very new to but they sound wonderful.