BBC Orchestra & Purge capabilities?

Anybody have any opinions on Spitfire’s new BBC orchestra? I was also wondering if there is a way to purge samples within their sample player?

Yes there’s a thread on that subject :slight_smile: As for the purge samples, i haven’t used their sampler so i cannot say, but i’m sure there’s a good optimization for memory

Here’s the link to the thread: Possibly the biggest orchestral plugin news ever (BBCSO by Spitfire Audio)

3 Likes

I would assume there is as they include a separate purge option even in the kontakt versions

1 Like

They’re doing more walk throughs over the next month so hopefully a lot of questions will be answered in a lot more depth. I’d keep an eye on their YouTube channel

3 Likes

I’ve used their sampler in HZ Strings and Eric Whitacre Choir, but not sure BBC Orchestra will relate that much to those two… We are yet to find out more about that library. Can’t hide I’m hyped about it!

3 Likes

Just update about this, they’ve now put all their articulations that will be available and instruments in the website page, for those that want a better idea what it’ll be able to do.

It’s a LOT of stuff!

3 Likes

I did see, I was even more amazed!! It’s scary how much more you get for your money when a reputable company such as Spitfire decide not to use a third party host such as kontakt.

1 Like

Please let Kontakt be mangled by all this new competition, I hate that interface so much it’s not even funny! :stuck_out_tongue:

PS. I love my Kontakt libraries, it’s the actual Kontakt interface (old, cluttered, clunky to use, tiny, bad looking) I don’t enjoy, haha.

2 Likes

I totally agree. I’ve started making kontakt compatible libraries in my spare time and it’s so silly!!! If you make one small mistake you can’t undo it. This only way is to start again :sob:

2 Likes

Oh, what kind of Kontakt libraries are you making? =)
You know I am an Omnisphere junkie, so I have started researching how to create my own Omnisphere libraries. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

At the moment I’m making an acoustic guitar library.

The samples are all 2 note samples harmonised in open tunings. There’s no library out there that does it this way for some reason, but it gives you more of the feel of the instrument because the actual voicings are incorporated, making it stylistically accurate for the tuning of the library. Each patch includes all natural harmonics and diatonic voicings so far, but I’ll be adding an extra line of single note overlapping legato notes in 2 octaves :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh how cool! Perhaps you can write about your progress later in the “Sound Design” section of the forum? I will do the same for my sound design library adventure in Omnisphere! :wink:

2 Likes

Definitely sounds good! I’ve only been busy for the past week and a half and this place has expanded so much in that time!

1 Like

Haha, I know. btw, will you release/sell this library after it’s done? :slight_smile:

I aim to sell my Omnisphere library when I release it (or use as bonus for a future course). :slight_smile:

1 Like

If it’s good enough. I have a beta version which is really good but I only included 1 round robin and no velocity layers. So my hope is to improve on that. So far so good. Perhaps you can test it out for me when it’s done and give me a verdict Mikel? :wink:

2 Likes

Sounds great. I am in fact researching and planning to start live streaming as I try and play with new plugins etc. Like a YouTube Live Show. Let me know when you have a finished product Geoffrey! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will indeed. Will be great to hear how your projects are coming along too!

1 Like

Yes, there will be a “kind” of purge in their player. In the sense you can UNLOAD articulations/techniques when not needed, via a matrix.
Paul demonstrated it in the mic options video.

2 Likes