Antelope Audio Synergy Core

I decided to give Antelope Audio a try and ordered the Orion Synergy Core through a music shop on Amazon

They were running a promotion where I received a free Edge Solo modeling mic

After ordering, I received a phone call from the shop informing me that the only unit they had in stock was a customer return but that there was no damage to the unit and the full warranty was still in effect. Before I could answer as to whether I would accept the “open box”, the shop informed me that, if I accepted it, they would give me a $300 Amazon gift card - so, why not? I accepted

The unit arrived about an hour ago:

I then disconnected my Apogee Element 24 and uninstalled the Apogee Control App and moved on to registering and activating the Orion SC - the process was simple and, within 15 minutes, I was up and running

The one issue I am having is that my keyboard volume controls no longer work - I can only adjust volume on the Orion SC itself - if anyone knows if this is normal, kindly let me know

I noticed that the sound is different compared to the Element 24 – not bad, just different, like it is more sterile as compared to the Element 24 - I think this is a good thing, especially for making sure I am actually hearing the sounds uncolored by the interface

I am looking forward to learning more about this interface and now on to the challenge of learning the Antelope Controller App

If anyone is reading this thread and has insight into the following questions, I would appreciate your advice:

1 - When using the Orion SC in Logic Pro X, the volume, as compared to my former Apogee Element 24, is quite low at the same settings. Is this “normal”? Does the Orion simply output at a lower volume? I have the Monitor Trim set to 20dB (anything less than this and the volume is even lower)

2 - The headphone volume is also quite low. Is this “normal”? I have to crank up the headphone volume to the max in order to hear through them. I am using Audio Technica ATH-M50X headphones which have an impedance of 38 ohms

3 - When I plug the Edge Solo microphone into the Orion SC, I have to turn the gain on the preamp up to about 4 o’clock on the dial just to hear it — and, if I try to turn it up louder it feeds back

Thank you for any assistance you might provide.